What is the Internet Hall of Fame?
THE WEB. The Internet Hall of Fame (www.internethalloffame.org) is a recognition program and virtual museum that celebrates the living history of the Internet and the individuals whose extraordinary contributions have made the Internet, its worldwide availability and use, and its transformative nature possible. The Internet Hall of Fame was launched by the Internet Society in 2012. Inaugural inductees were announced on April 23, 2012 at the Internet Society’s Global INET conference in Geneva, Switzerland
“There are some extraordinary people who have helped make the Internet an unparalleled platform for innovation and communication, an engine for economic development and social progress that goes well beyond what we could have ever imagined. This program honors individuals who have pushed the boundaries to bring the Internet to life and made it an essential resource used by billions.”
– Kathy Brown, Internet Society CEO
The Internet Hall of Fame considers nominee candidates in three categories:
- Pioneers Circle: This category recognizes individuals who were instrumental in the early design and development of the Internet.
- Innovators: This category recognizes individuals who made outstanding technological, commercial, regulatory or policy advances and helped to expand the Internet’s reach.
- Global Connectors: This category recognizes individuals from around the world who have made major contributions to the growth, connectivity, and use of the Internet, either on a global scale or within a specific region or community.
WHAT IS THE NOMINATION PROCESS?
Internet enthusiasts from around the world are invited to submit applications for nominee candidates. Nominee applications are reviewed and screened by the Internet Society to ensure they meet the nomination criteria and eligibility; the Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board and a select group of past inductees are responsible for the final selection of inductees. For more details, please visit our Nominations page.
– See more at: http://www.internethalloffame.org/about#sthash.wJfOAzte.dpuf